Link to the Del-AWARE web portal for reporting storm drain maintenance issues.
Other ways to promote stormwater quality besides participating in the Adopt-a-Drain program include:
- Not dumping anything down the storm drains— remember only “rain down the drain”
- Not letting your vehicular fluid go down the drain when you are changing it
- Regularly checking your septic tank (if you have one) for any issues
- Bringing Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) to a HHW Collection Site or to a HHW Collection Day. The 2024 collection schedule will be posted in early March 2024
- List of places to dispose of/recycle televisions, computers, and electronics (please call to confirm they are still accepting the item you wish to dispose of)
- How and where to disposal of materials and substances from Aluminum Cans to Medications to Oil to Yard Waste
Opportunities to learn about and support the Olentangy River include:
- Attending the Olentangy Watershed Forum. This year’s is October 27, 2023 at Del-Co Water – Olentangy River Road Facility. Last year’s was November 2nd, 2022 at Highbanks Metro Park
- Attending the annual Olentangy River Festival. This year’s was June 10th, 2023 at Mingo Park. Last year’s was June 25th, 2022 at Mingo Park
- Following the Olentangy Watershed Alliance (OWA) on Facebook
- Following the Friends of the Lower Olentangy Watershed (FLOW) on Facebook or by visiting their website
Learn about other water quality improvement related projects at OWU:
Learn about other sustainability initiatives at OWU here.